Custom Live-Edge Furniture
All live-edge furniture is lovingly handcrafted from local live-edge hardwood slabs in my small backyard woodshop. All rough bark is removed along the edges and sanded with ascending grit until everything is super smooth. Any naturally occurring knotholes or imperfections are thoroughly sealed with black or clear epoxy (depending on the wood species), sanded, and buffed. Any large cracks are thoroughly cleared, sanded, and reinforced with wooden bowtie stitchers - I can also fill these with epoxy if that's your preference. Finally, a generous coating of all-natural wood finish is applied throughout, left to cure for 48 hours, and buffed smooth to provide a durable watermark-resistant matte finish that accentuates the natural beauty of the wood.
- Coffee tables stand 16 or 18" tall and can be anywhere from 20" to 30" wide depending on the character of the live edge.
- Console or sofa tables stand 28" to 36" tall and can be anywhere from 8" to 14" wide depending on the character of the live edge.
- Side tables stand 16 or 18" tall and can be anywhere from 18" to 32" in diameter (round) or width (square/rectangular) depending on the character of the live edge.
- Benches stand 14 or 16" tall and can be anywhere from 12" to 18" wide depending on the character of the live edge.
- Desktops stand 30" (sitting) to 48" (standing) and are typically 28" to 32" deep and either 48" or 60" long. If you're interested in a standing desk, I recommend combining this purchase with desk hardware from Fully.
- Shelves can be either floating or mounted with brackets and can range in size and shape, depending on your needs and the character of the live-edge wood.
All desk and table slabs are approximately 2" thick, while shelves can be anywhere from 1" to 2" thick, depending on whether you opt for floating shelves or brackets. And the length of the slab is completely up to you!
- Select the furniture item you're interested in and place your $100 deposit by adding this to your cart and checking out.
- I'll receive a notification of your order and contact you via email to discuss the specifics. If you don't hear from me within 24 hours, please feel free to prompt me with an email. We have a newborn at home, but I do my best to respond quickly.
- Once you decide on the wood species, dimensions, and hardware, I'll email you an estimated total for everything. If everything looks good, then we'll move forward.
- I'll source a slab of wood from Black Forest Sawmill that meets your specs.
- I'll source hardware that meets your specs. If you're getting a standing desk, I ask that you source the frame and have it delivered to your location; it's just easier to assemble onsite.
- If you're interested, I'm happy to keep you in the loop along the way so you can see the process and watch it come to life. I usually share these things on Instagram.
- When the piece is finished, I'll email you an invoice for the remaining balance to pay online, or you can pay in-person upon receipt using my card reader.
- During checkout, you can select delivery or local pickup. Tables come fully assembled, unless you're not local, in which case I'll ship it disassembled with predrilled holes for easy assembly on arrival. Desks can be assembled onsite for a small assembly fee, unless you choose to DIY.
If you have any questions before placing your deposit, don't hesitate to get in touch!